[Sodipodi-list] non-background background colour
o***@hydrophilus.com
2004-12-21 13:48:02 UTC
Lay-dees and gently-types,

I have been using sodippodi for a very long time, and love it, I do, yes.

However, there is one thing that actually makes it very difficult for me to use. My eyes are very sensitive to light. I have my fluxbox all themed out nice and dark. But the outer regions of sodipodi-space remain dazzling, blinding, almost too bright to use WHITE. I see in the dialogs that I can change the background colour to any colour I want, but that is just the "chewy center" that gets changed. What about the nether regions? The outer limits? So as to not waste list bandwidth with attackmints, I do it this way:

_______
|spodi|
_______ _____________________________________________
|@ | &| | |
---+--- | |
|% | $| | |
---+--- | ___________________________ |
|> | <| | | | |
---+--- | | !|!|!|! | |
|# | O| | | \\,-----,// | |
---+--- | | / \ | |
|X | V| | | ( O O ) | |
---+--- | | { < } | |
|= |}{| | | d b | |
---+--- | | { O } | |
|[]|][| | | \ / | |
---+--- | | ``-_____-'' | |
|/ | ~| | | | |
------- | |this is a pretty picture!| |
| |
| |
| but this part out here is way too |
| honking bright!!!! |

Am I just missing the setting, or can this be added somehow?

Else, text-along-a-path and text-boxes-that-reformat-when-resized would be very, very nice features.

It's a rockin' fine app.

To all those who celebrate such soon, I wish you would have a fine holy-day time.

--gcr